.

ad test

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

1:40:24 Well Spent

First, an admission: While I saw the first 3 Star Wars movies, that is episode 4, 5, and 6, I only saw Revenge of the Sith among the prequels.

I was visiting my 'Rents in 2007, and as a family thing, we all watched episode 3, and my reaction was a big Meh.

I actually found it a bit more disappointing than Return of the Jedi, which was surprising, since I've seen about 15 minutes of The Phantom Menace in dribs and drabs, the dialogue drives me to change the channel after about 45 seconds.

In any case it gives me the opportunity to review the review of the movie on Red Letter Media, and "Harvey Plinkett" is a genius.

There is some profoundly disturbing humor in the review (3 parts, at link), but this is a cogent and truly intelligent review of The Revenge of the Sith as cinema, and arguably packs more in it's a bit more than an hour and a half than your average college level film course.

This is someone who loves cinema, and can use Citizen Kane (Which he admits is unfair) as well as the first three Star Wars Movies (I call that fair) to show just how poorly done and pedestrian  SW III is.

It is entertaining, even though it is over half as long as the movie being critiques (100 min vs 140 min).

It's delivered in a sort of Ben Steinesque creepy monotone, but that contributes to the enjoyment.

No comments: