.

ad test

Sunday, February 12, 2012

The Drug War Sucks

We've kind of been rolling the trifecta with colds.

Sharon* has been on antibiotics for a cough and sinus for a few days, and after being blown off by our kid's pediatrician's replacement doc, so we went to an urgi-care clinic, and we got diagnoses for them, and me as well, since I had a nagging cough, and it had gotten bad enough that I wasn't waiting until I saw my doctor at my regularly scheduled appointment with my doctor.

Charlie has a sinus infection, Natalie's sinus infection migrated down to pharyngitis, and mine had migrated down to a full blown bronchitis.

In addition, Marilyn, my mother-in-law is at Sinai Hospital for what appears to be pneumonia.

So, what does this have to do with the drug war?

Well, in addition to antibiotics, both Charlie and I were prescribed decongestants, and both of these medications contained Pseudoephedrine, and so I could not buy both, because federal regulations say that it's too much, and we might ………… cook meth.

The war on drugs is, to misappropriate the words of Nietzsche, like the bite of a dog into a stone, it is a stupidity.

*Love of my life, light of the cosmos, she who must be obeyed, my wife.

No comments: