.

ad test

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Am I the Only One to Call False Flag?

Symantec with an assist from the FBI, is now alleging that a group of hackers stole the source code for pcAnywhere and attempted to shake them down for $50,000.

OK, I get that. But what I doubt is the claim, coming from either the software firm, or the boyz in the Hoover building, that the miscreants are, "group of hackers associated with Anonymous and AntiSec."*

As MP at the Stellar Parthenon BBS observes, "Anyone claiming to be raising funds in any way on behalf of Anonymous is about as kosher as bacon-wrapped shrimp."

I have no doubt that Symantec got hacked. I've suffered with their software at a number of work places, but my sense is that any mention Anonymous is something that the FBI spent a lot of time manufacturing.

After all, it looks much better in a personnel file at annual review time.

*Tin foil hat. When I originally read the first article, there were constant mentions to anonymous, and now they are all gone.

No comments: