.

ad test

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

I Wish that I Lived In Pennsylvania Right Now

I want to vote for Joe Sestak, candidate for Senate,who just did his commonwealth proud:

Sestak chimed in, "As you know, I haven't taken very good direction yet from party leadership. All that said, I strongly believe in the constitutional right of religious freedom and in the separation of church and state applying equally to everyone. Those are rights that I defended for 31 years in that fine U.S. Navy. This is an issue for New York to resolve as long as it respects those constitutional rights. ... Let's also step back and say, 'Let's stop playing politics with religion.' "

When someone asked about the sensitivities of the Sept. 11 families, Sestak said, "Do I respect those sensitivities? Oh yeah. When I walked out of that Pentagon, 30 people who I knew never walked out of that building. My 9/11 is that Pentagon. Am I sensitive to their desires? Sure I am. But I also upheld the Constitution for 31 years. I lived with men and women of all religons and you know what? They're all equal, and I believe that is what's most omportant in this."
Maybe I'll write him in in 2012.

I'm not feeling to hopey changey about Dr. Dean today.

No comments: