.

ad test

Wednesday, November 18, 2015

The Car for My Midlife Crisis Has Returned


1980s Version


New Version
For some reason, the styling of the original always appealed to me, and if I were to get a car with just two seats and a tiny trunk, that would be it.

And now, it's back:
Fiat unveiled a "new" two-seat sports car at the Los Angeles Auto Show Thursday -- the reborn version of the the Fiat 124 Spider.

It marks the return of a model name that hasn't been available in the United States since 1985.

The original Fiat 124 Spider was a small, fun-to-drive sportscar that had adoring fans, but also a reputation for mechanical troubles boiled down to the memorable joke "Fix It Again, Tony."
That bit is not quite fair.

The 80s Spider was a simple, and, at least by the standard of 1980s vintage Fiats,* fairly reliable.

I've not had my midlife crisis yet, but if I do, I will get the model with manual transmission, because if you are going to have a midlife crisis, and buy a 2 seat convertible, it's lame to use an automatic transmission.

I think that I'd get the model with the manual roof too, because ……… well ……… midlife crisis.

There are two ways to go with a midlife crisis car, super car, or something that you would have driven as a kid.

I swing the latter way.
*Apart from that, Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

No comments: