.

ad test

Friday, February 6, 2015

Your Mission, Should You Choose to Accept it, is to do this with the Starship Enterprise










The Reliant


The Enterprise
Still, this quad-copter Millennium Falcon conversion is unbelievably cool.

Hats off to Robert C. for an inspired bit of modeling.

It helps that the Falcon is largely circular in planform.

Doing the USS Enterprise would be a lot more difficult, if just because, for the life of me, I cannot figure out how to locate the rotors to make that configuration work right now.

I might wimp out, and just go with the Reliant from Wrath of Khan, which as can clearly be seen, would be a bit more amenable to a balanced configuration with the rotors

I'm going to talk to the kids, and see if we can do this as a summer project.

Of course, if I can figure out how to configure rotors for the Constitution class cruiser, I will go with the original Enterprise, from the original series, because, if given a choice, I will always go with the original series.

I'm funny that way.

No comments: