.

ad test

Monday, April 9, 2012

Only Sy Hersh

He wrote an appreciation of the late Mike Wallace, where he describes how Wallace stole his scoop:

You’ve got to remember that it was a Saturday night in New York City. Mike had seen or been tipped off about my scheduled Times piece quoting Radford, made some calls, found Radford’s wife, and somehow persuaded her that she had to give her husband the message to call him immediately at CBS. When Radford did, Wallace interviewed him from the Denver airport. He immediately splashed the interview all over CBS radio. Wallace had scooped me by interviewing Radford while I was flying with him in tow. I was more embarrassed than angry. The Old Man had shown me his moves, and taken my candy away.
I have a sneaking suspicion that Mike Wallace would be more pleased about stories like this than all the puff obituaries I've heard today.

No comments: