.

ad test

Monday, September 5, 2011

Where I've Been the Past Couple of Days

Click for full size


My room was on the 1st floor on the front right




The enclosed porch on the back right is new.



For the past two days, I've been camping at the Atlantia 30th year celebration, and the site, pretty much across VA route 20 from James Madison's home in Montpelier, did not have any internet access (voice and text worked fine), so I wasn't posting anything.

I was also 20 miles from Charlottesville, VA, where I spent the plurality of my youth growing up (6 years), so I checked out the old house on Brandywine Drive.

It appears that my Dad's planting of ivy on the lower front yard took.

One of his other lawn innovations, a cairn which ran the length of the lawn, has mercifully been removed.

I recall many an unpleasant afternoon removing grass that grew in between the stones.

I hated that pile or rocks about as much as I did the plant to whose roots the flowering plum in Portland (big, long shoe sole puncturing thorns, but that's another story), so the fact that is gone fills me with some glee.

I also swung by my old elementary school, Greenbriar.

It's the first time that I've seen the old house in more than 35 years, though I was at the elementary school about 20 years ago.

As a measure of how little life I have, this is the first time that I have missed two consecutive days to post since I started blogging in 2007.  (I think that the total number of missed days is less than 10)

No comments: